Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What color are YOU!?

Over my holiday break as I was packing and laying out my outfits, I realized EVERY SINGLE OUTFIT I had lied out was completely head to toe neutral hued. From my oversized grey cable knit sweater, to my black riding pant leggings, down to my over-the-knee brown boots, I realized I have a completely neutral wardrobe! However, I do feel that neutrals extremely chic and effortless looking. Kim Kardashian even blogged about her neutral-themed ensemble yesterday and if I do say so myself, I am LOVING the simplicity of her look.



With that being said, one of my new year's resolutions is to incorporate some COLOR into my wardrobe this year. With so many great colors out there, how could you not!


I for one was not blessed with the lucky gift of the ability to easily pull of any color. Yellow and red hues tend to wash me out and do nothing for me. However, jewel tones seem to bring out the green in my eyes and bring life to my skin. This is because my skin is cool-toned rather than warm-toned. How the heck do I know this you may ask? Here's how to find out!


You may be cool if...

  • The veins on the underside of your wrist are blue instead of green
  • You have a pink-ish cast to your skin, especially in the cold
  • You look better in silver jewelry, rather than gold
  • Your skin has more blue undertones than yellow
  • You will look best in these colors:
  • Avoid gold, yellow, red and bronze tones hair colors, which can make you sallow and drawn.


You may be warm if...


  • The veins on the underside of your wrist are green instead of blue
  • You have a green-ish cast to your skin, especially in the cold
  • You look better in gold jewelry, rather than silver
  • Your skin has more yellow undertones than blue
  • You will look best in these colors:
  • Avoid blue, violet, white and jet-black hair. These hair colors next to your skin can make you look washed out.

Here is a great example of cool vs. warm skin tones from threecustom.com




















Some people are even lucky enough to have neutral skin, meaning you look great in all colors... lucky you!

I know all this may be confusing, but when you find your skin tone, you can really amp up your look by choosing which color clothes, makeup, even hair colors will work best with your skin! So many times, people choose the wrong hair colors that completely wash them out.

I hope this is helpful for everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment